How to make Sweet Green Rice Ball 怎么做青团？
作者： 来源：Hujiang English 2013-03-27 17:24:05.000
The sweet green rice ball is a Qingming Festival (Tomb Sweeping Day) food popular in Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces. It is also a must-have offering at ancestral rituals in the south of the Yangtze River.Like glutinous rice dumpling, Qingtuan is made from glutinous rice and stuffed with red bean paste. The difference is that squeezed wormwood or brome grass is used in the making of wrapper.
1. Wash mugwort leaves and cut them into small pieces; grind the leaves using a grinder; while grinding, add a little water to make the process easier.
2. Add glutinous rice powder to the grinded leaves. Knead them firmly; be sure to add a spoonful of oil into the flour for good color;
3. Divide the dough into blocks of the same size;
4. Stuff the dough blocks with fillings in the same way you make sweet dumplings and put the stuffed balls on bamboo leaves.
5. Steam the balls for 15 minutes. Now they are ready to be served.