Chinese Proverbs about Friendship
Fllowing Chinese friendship proverbs will show you that friendship(友谊yǒuyì) is not just an experience but a responsibility. Itis a relationship that speaks of love and understanding in the most appassionato manner. One Chinese proverb(中国谚语Zhōngguó yànyǔ) says it all, "You can hardly make a friend in a year, but you can easily offend one in an hour." Discover more secrets of long lasting friendship with these famous Chinese friendship proverbs.
1. It is much easier to earn a lot of money than to find a bosom friend.
2. A hedge between keeps friendship green.
3. The world is but a little place, after all.
4. A good book is a good friend.
5. A joke never gains an enemy but loses a friend.
6. A faithful friend is hard to find.
7. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
8. A friend is easier lost than found.
9. A friend is never known till a man has need.
10. A friend without faults will never be found.
11. A good friend is the nearest relation
12. A life without a friend is a life without sun.
13. Friendship is like wine-the older the better.
14. At home one relies on parents; away from home one relies on friends.
15. With clothes the new are best; with friends the old are best.
16. Friendship multiplies joys and divides sorrow
17. Good friends settle their accounts speedily.
18. To have friends coming in from afar, how delightful
19. Prosperity makes friends and adversity tries them
20. The friendship of a gentleman is insipid as water.
21. A thousand cups of wine do not suffice when true friends meet, but half a sentence is too much when there is no meeting of minds.