The famous Chinese Confucius Proverbs
Since it comes to Chinese proverbs (中国谚语Zhōngguó yànyǔ), Confucius quotes(孔子语录Kǒngzǐ yǔlù) tend to be the most entertaining and enlightening. To learn great proverbs better, record them and play the recording once in a while(now and then or here and there). By this you may rise to make much better use of them, or the sensible wisdom or life knowledge, The following is a collection of proverbs attributed to Confucius and Confucius disciples.
1. To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice.
2. I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.
3. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
4. Silence is a true friend who never betrays.
5. Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it.
6. If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?
7. The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.
8. In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.
9. Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance.
10. He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.
11. To see and listen to the wicked is already the beginning of wickedness.
12. It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness.
13. Worry not that no one knows of you; seek to be worth knowing
14. Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
15. The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth.
16. A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.
17. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
18. Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
19. Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
20. Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
21. Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself
22. The palest ink is better than the best memory
23. When you conceive an idea on how to improve your business, write it down
24. Who is not satisfied with himself will grow; who is not sure of his own correctness will learn many things
25. Remember you don’t know everything. Actively seek out advice and information, and you will learn.
26. Always follow your own heart
27. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
28. Go before the people with your example, and be laborious in their affairs.
29. He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.
30. He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself.
31. Patience is a virtue.
32. Feel kindly toward everyone, but be intimate only with the virtuous.
33. It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
34. The superior person is perceptive and not biased. The lesser person is biased and not perceptive.
35. Committing oneself to unsuitable teachings is no good.
36. When you have faults, do not stop yourself from abandoning them.
37. The superior person is adequately resolute, bt not recklessly inflexible.
38. I won't be concerned with other people not knowing me; I will be concerned with my lack of ability.
39. You can successfully force people to follow a certain course, but you cannot force them to understand.
40. When you make a mistake, do not stop yourself correcting it.